Greüzi wohl!
Everything is good with me. I have nothing to complain about, of course. Being a missionary is the best! The past week was really slow for us. We need to find some new investigators desperately. We only met with Reimund this past week, when it comes to investigators. We also met with him this morning. Then we met with Schwester (Sister) Kunz and Schwester Schulze and those are the only people we got to meet with all week. Oh ya, we met with the Zillkens family, too. They invited us over for dinner last night, which was nice of them. But the rest of the week was just trying to visit less actives and then meet with potential investigators.
Wednesday was Zone Conference in Zürich (Zurich), Switzerland. It was my first Zone Conference. I got to see my old companion, Elder Buntain, there. He doesn't have a very good companion it sounds like, sadly. I also got to meet some new missionaries, too, that I had never met before and they were really cool dudes. So that was sweet. That day was a crazy day, though. So, first whenever we travel a really long way like that, we call the mission office and they order train tickets for us so we don't have to buy them. So we did that, but they messed up on our train tickets. So I had to buy the tickets to there and back. Which is a nice penny. My comp (i.e.: companion) doesn't have any money, so I had to buy the tickets. But we had to leave at 6:30am to be in Zürich by 9:30 for Zone Conference. Zone Conference was from 10am to 5pm. It was really good. We had Döners for lunch, which was sick!
Anyways, so after cleaning up everything afterwards, we left the church around 6 pm to go to der Bahnhof (the station). I went to go buy tickets for Freiburg, Deustchland (Germany) - but I ended up buying tickets for Fribourg, Switzerland (French speaking). So I had to get those tickets switched out and ended up paying like CHF 60 more (Franken). So we took a train to Basel, Switzerland around 6:30 and got there around 7:15ish. We had to wait till 8, though, to take a train to Basel Bad, Deutschland - which is just on the other side of the border between Switzerland and Deutschland. So we waited 45 minutes to take a 5 minute train. Then we waited in Basel Bad for a hour-and-a-half almost, to take a train at 9:30 that went to Offenburg. That is a 2 hour train ride, so we didn't get home until 11:30pm (lol). So that was kinda the first crazy episode of the mission. We're suppose to be in bed by 10:30, but hey - there was nothing we could do about it, you know? So Wednesday was a fun day of adventure, is the way I like to look at it. That was pretty much the highlight of this week. Oh ya, I spoke in church yesterday, too. So thats pretty cool.
I love you, Mom - and bis nächste Woche! Tschüß! (Until next week! Bye!)
[ Elder Caraway ]
______
Oh ya, this was at a place in Gutach, where you go hiking barefoot.
|
You squeeze the little orange thingy and it gives out a scent
and you have to guess what it is.
|
I’ve never taken so many photos of my feet before in my life.
|
You stick your head in the holes in these trunks
and it makes a noise like a beast of the wilderness.
|
The end.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway