This past week was a lot better than the week before, which was good. We got to meet with Reimund twice. He wants for us to start reading the Book of Mormon to him from the beginning. He has it on a cassette tape, but he said he doesn't like that because he always has so many questions. He can't really write his questions down or anything, since he's blind. He likes it when we read it to him and he can ask us questions and stuff. So we're starting from the beginning with him in the Book of Mormon, and reading it to him. He's doing really well, though. He is making the most progress of all our investigators, so far. We got to have a joint lesson with a member yesterday with Natalie, which was really cool. Lessons with a member present are always better. She then asked for me to give her a blessing after the lesson! Her mom (Schwester (Sister) Schulze) was telling her of when she got a blessing from us, and how much it helped her - so Natalie wanted to receive one to help her stop smoking, and for some other things she's having problems with. That was pretty cool. Matthew and Bolaji have been out of town for the past 2 weeks, but we should get to meet with them this week. We just haven't been able to get a hold of everyone else in our teaching pool, which is a bummer, and that happens a lot.
We met with a lot of members and less actives this past week. We had two dinner appointments last week! Well, actually 3 - anyways, it was freakin metal! Our new Mission President wants us to really focus on the vision that Elder L. Tom Perry had of Europe. Elder Perry envisioned doubling the activity rate of the church in Europe in 10 years, by really focusing on re-activating members and then finding investigators and such through the less actives and active members. We visited probably 6-8 members this past week, and had about 5 or 6 lessons with investigators. We had two less actives show up to church yesterday, which is way awesome! That's just as good as investigators coming to church. A lot of the less actives here, though, want nothing to do with the church, sadly. There are a couple that Präsident (President) Ehret (Branch President said we're not allowed to visit, and then some others who the Stake President said we're not allowed to visit - but we're visiting the ones we're allowed to (lol).
The language is coming along really good. I'm really making progress. We were over at an investigator’s house last night - the Zillkens family. I believe I've already told you about them. They were helping us with pronunciation and stuff. You can only seriously learn pronunciation from a native. I've learned not to take pronunciation advice from somebody who is American (lol) because it's really hard for Americans to sound German when they speak German. Working on pronunciation with them was really good. It's hard to believe that I'm getting close to my 6-month mark. Mom, that's 1/4 of my mission! I still feel like I just started (lol). Anyways, I'm getting comfortable with the language, but I don't want to get too comfortable because I really want to master the language. I do not want to just have what you would call a "missionary vocab". Besides, there's always something you can work on no matter how long you've been out or how good you think you can speak the language. We're not German so it’s not our Mutter Sprache (mother tongue).
There's nothing that I really need right now. Thanks though - love ya, Mom. Tschüß (Bye).
[ Elder Caraway ]
______
I bought the new Harry Potter soundtrack, and decided to open it at the castle.
I thought it was appropriate.
|
This past week, we painted with an investigator,
and this is what I painted! Verrückt (Crazy)?
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway