April 3, 2012

Until We Meet Again

“In certain situations, as in great suffering and illness,
death comes as an angel of mercy.
But for the most part, we think of it
as the enemy of human happiness.
“The darkness of death can ever be dispelled
by the light of revealed truth.
‘I am the resurrection, and the life,’ spoke the Master.
‘He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.’
“We laugh, we cry, we work, we play, we love, we live.
And then we die. …
“And dead we would remain but for one Man and His mission,
“With all my heart and the fervency of my soul,
I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness
and declare that God does live.
Jesus is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh.
He is our Redeemer; He is our Mediator with the Father.
He became the first-fruits of the Resurrection.
Because He died, all shall live again.”

______
Dear Sister Caraway,

I am saddened to hear of the passing of Elder Caraway’s grandmother. That happened to me while serving 40 years ago and it became one of the spiritual highlights of my mission. It’s amazing how the Lord blesses us in these times of trial. When we have understanding of the plan of Happiness and the fact that a passing is only a short time of parting, great joy comes into our hearts.  
I just spoke with your wonderful son, and although very saddened, he was prepared. He seems to be fine and I will check back on him later and see if he really is okay. Please write him on your regular day and tell him of the events pertaining to his grandmother’s passing. I am sure he will find great comfort in knowing more. Should he become overly saddened, we will do more to help.

He is a wonderful missionary, we love serving so close and feeling of his excitement for the gospel. Thanks for raising such a great son.

Herzlichen Gruss (Warm Greetings),

Richard L. Miles
Missionspräsident (Mission President)
Alpenländische Mission München (Alpine Mission Munich)
[ contributed by Debbie, Mother | special thanks to Stacy, Cousin ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway