President Miles called me on the day Mom emailed him about the death of Grandma, and we had a conversation about how he remembered when he was on his mission, his Grandma died as well - and how that was for him. I told him how Mom had told me the week before that she didn't think Grandma was going to make it much longer. And I was kinda expecting Grandma not to be there anymore when I came back, and was thinking that I would be surprised if she still would have been alive when I returned home. But I'm glad that Grandma finally moved on, and that the Lord has called her back now. It was the best for her.
This past week was really busy. On Thursday we had a meeting with all the district leaders and zone leaders in the mission, and on Thursday night we had around 28 missionaries sleep in our apartment - and that actually went pretty smooth. The crazy part was just getting everyone home. I took about 35 Elders with me and went to the train station closest to the church, and took them to the main train station in Munich. And that was an adventure, but we got everyone home.
The meetings were really good, though. It started on Thursday at 4pm and ended on Friday at 3pm. We have a goal of baptizing 300 people in our mission this year, and we had this meeting, I think, to just keep everyone motivated and to get some ideas of what we can do to reach our goal. Our mission president is way cool. He doesn't like to lecture. He just likes to have what he calls ‘councils and discussions’, so everyone is involved. He's a really cool dude. He is super funny as well, and always nice to be around. President Miles is awesome.
We got to meet with a member this past week, who brought a friend to General Conference. So we met with the member and his friend, and his friend is going to come back to church and has become an investigator - which is way cool. He has a way African name that I can't really say and remember. We met with Christine as well, and everything went way good with her. After meeting with her again we don't feel like we should stop teaching her anymore. That we should continue to teach her and just give her some time, so that was cool.
Tonight Elder Buntain and I are going to a basketball game for the professional league over here in Germany. Elder Buntain is pretty excited because he's never seen a basketball game before. We got permission to do that and just do our missionary work early and change P-Day around, so that should be fun.
Things are quieting down, though, in the office since it looks like we're done with everything in the office about this apartment stuff. Everything went well with closing down those apartments, though. At least as far as I know.
Our teaching pool is getting better though. We taught that friend of the member this last week, and then tomorrow we have a girl coming to church that the Sisters have taught, and they said her English is a lot better than German, so it’s better for her to be taught in English. They said she is way legit, too, which is always exciting to hear.
I'm stoked that tomorrow is Easter, as well. HAPPY EASTER!!!
"He is not here: for He is risen."
[ Matthew 28:6 ]
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway