Grüß dich (Howdy).
Transfers were on Thursday, this past week. It was a pretty small transfer so things weren't too crazy for us. We got to go out and do a lot more missionary work than we normally get to do (during transfer week and the week before).
The missionary work is good, though. We have a baptism coming in a week. Okafor, an investigator from Nigeria, will be getting baptized. He is about 30. He's way cool. We may have to push his baptism back one week just because we may not be able to teach him everything before then. We have what we call a ‘Baptismal Calendar’ with him, where we have written on this calendar what we want to teach him before he's baptized. We have scheduled for him to be taught everything he needs to be taught before he is baptized, but something could happen or he may not understand something and that would be the only reason why it would be pushed back a week. He is doing very well, though. It's always fun to teach him. African people are funny.
He's the only one we really got to meet with this past week, besides this family who are coming back to church and are wanting to go to the Temple. The husband is wanting to learn more about his Priesthood responsibilities and how to be a better Priesthood holder. They are fun to meet with, as well. They kind of remind me of myself. They like Elder Buntain and me a lot, too, for some reason.
Today for P-Day, Elder Buntain and I went to BMW Welt (World) here in Munich. It's a way sweet place. We wanted to go to Allianz Arena, which is the stadium for the professional soccer team here in Munich - but they were playing a game today. Munich is actually a happy city now because of them. They are in the finals for the championship league over here in Munich. They will play in a couple of weeks. The finals will be here in Munich, as well - so this place will be a crazy when that happens.
I convinced all the new missionaries that came in that I was from Russia. It was funny. The mission president and his wife found it quite funny, too, I think.
Mother's Day is in 2 weeks, Mama! I will be calling home soon. Be excited. Mother's Day will be like Christmas, almost. I can call or Skype for 40 minutes. If I call or Skype, though, I will only be able to do it home. I won't be able to do a 3-way chat again, like I did last time. It's hard to believe it's already Mother's Day.
Peace.
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway