March 31, 2012

Samstag, März 31, 2012

This past week was just Elder Buntain and I mainly in the office. There was a Senior Conference in Salzburg, Austria for all the senior couples in the mission, so the senior couple here in the office and the senior sister went to that and that left Elder Buntain and I. It was kinda nice with just us in the office (ha). It was a lot more relaxed and we got quite a bit done. 
We've been really busy this week, though, because of two things. The first is that my mission president is bringing in every district and zone leader here to Munich to have a meeting. It will just be the leader and not their companion, so it has been really crazy organizing everything - with pretty much switching every companionship around for a couple of days. It's really to get people together, as well, in our mission since its so big and involves 5 different countries. Then the other thing that has kept us busy, is closing down some apartments here in Munich. We have to have everything done with them by today, so we've been really busy with that. Making sure everything is ready to go and stuff.
We have only been able to leave the office once this week and we visited a less active named Clark. He is really nice. He is from Nigeria. He is unable to come to church every Sunday because of his job, so we just wanted to visit him and see what we could do for him - and what he can be doing at home, since he isn't always able to come to church. He likes us, I think - which is always good (ha).
I'm stoked for General Conference tonight and tomorrow. I hope some of our investigators come to General Conference. That would be sweeeeet. Tell you the truth, though - I don't know how many will actually come because I don't know if Elder Buntian and I have failed at telling them about it, because all of them were just like, ‘oh okay, thats cool’ - and made it sounds like that they would come if they felt like it and that it wasn't that big of a deal. I hope they come, though, and receive the answers they need. Because I don't know how much more Elder Buntain and I can do. So hopefully that will work out.
(In response to a question from home:) The mini MTC was good, yes. There were probably, like, 40-50 youth there - which is a lot for over here.
(In response to a comment from home:) I know how [it] feels, though, just a tad bit - with people asking [you] to do stuff [you] have never done before, and no one showing how to do it, and then people ask you why you did that and let you know that you did it wrong and you’re, like, ‘well I've never done this before in my life, and no one is showing me how to do it’ and all that stuff. That happens here in the office all the time. It's just annoying sometimes, because they expect you to know how to do it and then get mad at you for doing it wrong. I don't really let it bother me, though, because I know there's nothing I can do about it. I’m just a 20-year old kid who has never done anything like this in my life before, and then I have to do it another language. I don't know what half the stuff means in English (lol). I think the Lord sent me here to teach other people patience, or something (lol) ... and that not everything goes the way you want it to (lol).
(In response to a comment from home:) Ya, it was kinda a bummer with Christine, but hopefully she'll come around. She can do what she likes and think what she wants. That's her right. Hopefully we will find some new people to teach, though. Our teaching pool isn't even a pool. It's more like a drop of water or two.
Love ya, peace.

[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway