June 9, 2012

Samstag, Juni 9, 2012

Grüß euch (Greet you),


Well sorry I wasn't able to write back (last week). We played soccer and Elder Buntain didn't exactly want to leave and we ran out of P-Day time to email.

This past week was transfer, though, so it was really busy. My replacement in the office came in this transfer. His name is Elder Bauerfeind. He's a German from Leipzig in Saxony. He's teaching me some Sächsisch (Saxon). That's the dialect they speak in Saxony. It's known as the worst dialect in German (lol). The only German people that can stand it in Germany are the Saxon-speaking people in Saxony. His grandparents grew up in East Germany, so it’s been cool hearing stories about that. He's a way cool German, though. I've kinda surprised myself - before I came into the office, I spoke German 85% of the time, and since I've gotten here, I've spoking German, like, 30% of the time. I thought it was going to be hard for me again to get really back into it. Elder Bauerfeind has been here about 2 days now and I've had no problems, really, so far speaking in German 90% of the time. He has good English, as well, because you have to if your’e going to be in the office. I'll be training him for the transfer, though. At least that’s what I've been told. I wasn't trained for an entire transfer, so we'll see what happens.

Things are going good with the missionary work. Jane is still doing great. We are actually meeting with her tonight. We haven't been able to see the family we have been teaching for a while, because the husband doesn't like that they are meeting with us. The husband and wife are separated right now, and not living together, but we had an appointment with the family the other night and it fell through because when we called to confirm the appointment the wife said that the husband was coming over and she didn't want him to know that we are coming over. That's a bummer, but I think it will be okay, and that we won't have problems in the future meeting with them.

It has rained 5 days in a row now. It has been raining really hard as well! It’s basically flooding. It’s stinks because we usually play soccer every morning for morning exercises. It’s really fun, too. I bought a Deutsche Fußball Bund (German Football Association) ball last week, and it’s sweet. The Euro 2012 is starting now. Germany actually plays today - I'm pretty stoked. I hope Germany wins. The have a really good chance this year, I think. That would be so cool if they win while I'm in Germany. Elder Bauerfeind was telling me, if they get far into the tournament that Germany will  be really crazy. I don't know exactly what we're doing for P-Day today. We just played soccer for last P-Day.

Sometimes I feel like I've been gone forever just because I can't remember what home is like - what it’s like to be ‘normal’. But the days and weeks go by really fast. It’s crazy. One of my favorite missionaries went home this last transfer. His name was Elder Field. He is from England. He was way cool.

That's all for this week. Tschüß (Bye).

[ Elder Caraway ]

______


Nymphenburg Schloß! (Nymphenburg Palace) ... 
a continuation from last week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway