June 23, 2012

Samstag, Juni 23, 2012

Well I'm still training Elder Bauerfeind in the office. It has been really slow for us this week in the office, but pretty busy for Elder Buntain. There is another meeting when all the District and Zone Leaders are coming to Munich, so Elder Buntain has been organizing that, which has kept him busy.

It's been really slow missionary-work-wise this week, as well. We have only gotten to meet with Okafor so far. All of our appointments have been falling through. That is just a part of missionary work, though. Every time we meet with Okafor, though, he makes us African food and Elder Bauerfeind is finding it hard to eat. Africans really like their food hot, and one thing you will notice when you come to Germany, Switzerland or Austria is that they have no hot/spicy food whatsoever! Something that we wouldn't even notice is spicy to them, so they're pretty sensitive to spicy food.

Well, I'm guessing Germany won again last night against Greece in the Euro 2012. We heard five hardcore cheers. Every time Germany scores you will hear it, and so we guess Germany scored at least 4 goals and then the fifth one was when the game was over. Germany was supposed to win, anyways. We're going to watch the next game, since we can watch one game. If England wins, then Germany will play England. I want that to happen because England is Germany's biggest rival and then England's biggest rival is Germany.

We have 3 families moving out of the ward in the next week-and-a-half. It’s going to be a big loss because they are decent sized families. There will probably be some this summer that move in. That's the way it usually goes I've been told.

I got a big German dictionary today, though. I got a German-to-German one, instead of a German-to-English one. I feel like that would be better, and help me understand the meaning of the words better, and in what context to use them.

(In response to a comment from home:) That's cool that Sister Johnson messaged you. Yes, she made some BBQ sandwiches and it was awesome. I liked it a lot. She had baked beans as well, which the Germans don't have, so that was good to have again.

(In response to a question from home:) Like I said before, I've been told that I will be staying the whole transfer, so I won't leave for another 3 weeks, probably. Then I won't find out where I'm going until transfer calls. I may find out a little bit sooner since I'm in the office. President will probably tell me personally where he wants me to go. That's what he's done so far. I'm getting excited to go out into the field. I am just going to go crazy, I think, when I get back out in the field because I'm going to have so much energie (energy). 

ITschüß (Bye).

[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway