Sadly, the missionary work the past 2 weeks has been really slow for us. Jane has been really sick all week, so we haven't been able to meet with her. She is still doing really good, though. Hopefully she will be feeling up to coming to church tomorrow. Then, we still weren't able to meet with the family at all this past week either. We haven't seen them in 3 weeks, probably. It's all good though.
Last night there was a ward Talent Show, and man was that funny! Okafor and Gabriel did this skit called ‘The African Brothers’ and it was so funny I couldn't control myself from laughing. Then there are some people in our ward who are really musically talented. It was really cool. Sadly, none of our investigators came to the activity.
After the activity we did meet with a lady named Rachael for the first time. She is a referral from a member, and she is quite cool. We met with her and she liked a lot of what we said about the Restoration. She wants to keep meeting with us, so she became a new investigator -so that’s cool.
Nothing much has really been going on this week - except the European Championship is going on and Germany is 2-0 right now! They've beaten Portugal and the Netherlands. We are actually allowed to watch one of the European Championship games, and then we can watch the Final if Germany is in it. It’s pretty cool.
Everything is still going well Elder Buntain, Bauerfeind and I though. That's all for now.
(In response to a comment from home:) Thank you so much for getting me a new camera! I have been taking a lot of photos on my mission. I figure I'm only going to see this part of the world once probably in my life and pictures are the best way to remember how it looks like.
(In response to a comment from home:) No, I haven't heard anything about leaving the office yet, or where I will be going. As of right now, though, I am staying until the end of the transfer which in July 19th. Which is nice. I want to spend the 4th of July around some Americans (lol). That would be cool. I don't know how much say I would have, either, of where I am going after I leave the office.
Things have been cool with Elder Bauerfeind though. He's a pretty cool German. He's sarcastic. Which is very rare for Germans. But I've noticed that the younger Germans are a lot more like Americans when it comes to their sense of humor. We are going to play some football again today and I'm going to wear my black Germany jersey. It's pretty metal. The AP's are doing P-Day with us today, so that should be fun.
Chow -
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway