Well, my first full week in the office wasn't that bad. It's weird teaching in Englisch (English), though. My Englisch is really bad. I don't mind that, though. Praying in Englisch is the hardest, though, for me. I can not remember the English you use when you pray correctly - like ‘thou’, ‘thee’ and so on. You use a different type of language as well when you pray in German. You use a language that you would only use when addressing a king, or someone of high importance. It's pretty cool. Teaching in English is hard, though. I like German a lot better. I think I'm a better teacher in German, as well - but then again, I'm not the one who does the teaching. It's the Spirit.
The week was good, though. I paid a lot of bills. I didn't get bored too much. The good thing about being the financial secretary is that you’re the busiest of the secretaries in the office. I get to work a lot with the mission president as well - which I like a lot. It’s definitely a different type of work than I'm used to, though.
We had a pretty good week of teaching people. We only teach Africans that I have noticed, really. They are all really cool. We taught some really good lessons. New Years was a little crazy here, though. You’re only allowed to fire off fireworks on New Years here, and so everyone went all out! I was woken up at 12am - and man, I saw a pretty good firework show through the window in my room. I fell back asleep after, like, 15 minutes, though. Man were the streets just trashed the next day. There was firework stuff everywhere.
But this is how it works in the office with my schedule: I get up at 6:30am, and stuff, and then have personal study at 8, and then companionship study at 9. And then I only get 30 minutes of German study. We go in the office at 10:30, and are there until 6. Then from 6-9pm we can be ‘normal’ missionaries again.
(In response to a question from home:) No, it’s not too distracting living with 5 missionaries. We keep each other in order. But if we weren't in the office, and were just 5 missionaries living somewhere else, I don't think that would be a good idea. It just really depends on the missionaries, I think. If you’re all obedient missionaries and do what you’re supposed to do, everything will be okay - and you can still have fun with each other after you get done with all the stuff you’re supposed to do.
Love ya. Peace.
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway