Well I'm in München (Munich) now. I'm in a dritt (third | i.e.: three companions) for right now. I will be in a dritt until the end of January. Elder Gubler is one of my companions and he is the person who’s place I'm taking (in the office). My other companion is Elder Croft. I'm living in a super nice apartment here in the München. There are five missionaries who live in it. The office missionaries and the AP's. My old trainer, Elder Szvoboda, is an AP - and so I'm living with him again. I tell you what, when there are more than 2 missionaries living in one apartment, it’s just a party the whole time (lol).
The office is quite fun though. My day consists of normal studies still, but my German study is only 30 minutes now instead of a hour. We work in the office from 10:30 to 5 (sometimes later) and we only get about 4 hours to be ‘normal’ missionaries and teach. But, yes, a senior couple used to be in charge of doing all this office work, but they kept screwing stuff up. So they decided to let Sisters do it, and then they kept screwing stutff up as well ... and thats why they have us Elders come in and do it now. At least that’s what I've been told.
I found out that I will be in the office for at least 6 months! That's kinda a bummer, but it’s all good. I've liked the office so far. I just don't feel like a missionary sometimes. I don't really get to speak a whole lot of German in the office which bums me out, but both the AP's are German and Swiss so I can speak with them and that will be fine. Then, we have a car here. I may have to get my German driver’s license soon. München is a huge city, though. I've been here a couple of times before, but not more than day. There’s some sweet stuff I want to see.
Tonight is New Years Eve, and we don't have anywhere to go. We could stay up until midnight if we were at a member’s house, but we weren't invited anywhere - neither where the AP's. So we will just be crazy and play games until 10:30. Well happy new years
(In reference to speaking to family for Christmas:) It’s kinda funny. At the bishop’s house on Christmas Eve, they were saying to me it was kind of hard to believe that I was from the South because I don't have a southern accent, I guess. But they said they could tell i was from the South on Christmas Eve because I called you 'Mama' (lol). I guess that’s a Southern thing.
Peace.
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway