January 28, 2012

Samstag, Januar 28, 2012

Nothing really happened this past week. I just did my normal office work. My companion, who is training me to do the financial work, is leaving this Sunday to go to his new area. He is going to Austria. I will be doing all of the financial work on my own once he leaves. I'm ready. Its not that hard to do the financial stuff or pay bills. I just have to watch out for putting in the wrong number or something like that.
Things were pretty busy in the office, though, this past week because we are about to have transfers. Then, next we are having what’s called ‘Mission Tour’. It’s when a general authority comes to visit our mission. I can't remember if I've told you this or not, but Elder Kopischke (a member of the Seventy) is coming to our mission to talk to us next week. I'm pretty stoked. Elder Bednar came one time, but he only talked to the missionaries in the Munich area and I wasn't here yet when he came.
Sadly, none of our investigators really progressed this past week, either. We are going to pick one of them up tomorrow, whose name is Felix, and bring him to church. We tried that last week, but it didn't work out. So we're trying that again this week.
(In response to a comment from home:) I'm glad you guys enjoyed the chocolate that I sent home.
(In response to a question from home:) The investigators from Africa that we have been teaching are doing ok. They love the gospel. But, we will have a way awesome spiritual lesson, and they will show signs of really improving, but when we come back the next time it’s like we never had that lesson. It stinks. They don't tend to keep their commitments, as well. It’s really hard for people who immigrate from Africa to Germany to stay, because it’s hard to get a working permit and stuff. When they don't get that they can't work. So a lot of them just sit and hope for a miracle. A lot of them have plenty of time to hear about the gospel and read in the Book of Mormon, but they still don't do it for some reason :/ . I don't really get it.
Love ya and have a good week! Tschüß (Bye).

[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway