July 25, 2011

Montag, Juli 25, 2011

Grüsi die Frau! Swiss German. I know. METAL.

Okay, I have more time today than last week. I feel really bad about last week, Mom. Because I know you just want to hear about the week and I had, like, no time to email. But this last week went okay. It was really hard to get appointments with people. Like we only met with Reimund once last week! And we usually meet with him 2 times at least. He's doing good though. We committed Natalie Schulze (Schwester Schulze's Tochter (Sister Schulze’s Daughter)) to baptism! Which is legit. She already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and stuff. It’s cool. Schwester Schulze has been to church every week for about the past 6 weeks or so. She is doing great. She is the best little missionary. When we walk with her she will just go to people and start talking to them about the gospel! Its freakin’ awesome. She is the craziest little lady, too.
Uh, we got to meet with Matthew, and them, twice last week and once yesterday. We were just walking in Lahr on the way to a referral that we wanted to go on, and we saw Matthew and Bolaji at this, like BBQ - so we talked to them. It was at a church, and stuff, and of coarse they invited us in, and stuff, and we were, like, “Okay, but not too long.” And all these people started coming up to us, and stuff, and were, like, “Hey, you need to eat something” - and in Germany, you don't say no! Found that out the hard way one time. So we were, like, “Okay, but not much.” So we sit down and eat with Bolaji and Matthew. Then my companion, Elder Sills, see's the pastor sitting by himself and came up with a good idea and was, like, "Hey I'm going to go talk to the pastor". (lol) I'm sure you can imagine how that went. Haha ... I think it’s kinda funny and sad at the same time. It’s sad because Elder Sills is from Utah, and the poor dude just wasn't thinking. He thought he could just go and talk to this pastor and have a nice conversation with him. Well, this pastor pretty much tore him to pieces. And it was a black pastor, who you know knew his Bible pretty good. When I finally realized what was going on, he was just giving it to Elder Sills. I was, like, “Ah crap.” Afterwards, I talked to him and was, like, “What did you plan on accomplishing when you went to go talk to the pastor?” I swear, people from Utah just must not think about these things because they're used to just being surrounded by people who - a majority of - have the same belief as them. And they haven't lived in the South, or places like that, were people will really rip into you for being Mormon, or something like that. And he pretty much went to pick a fight when he decided to do that. Yes, I believe he learned from that experience (lol).
I had some McDonalds, by the way, today. It was pretty much metal. That’s all you can say about that.
This past week we got a new investigator - this dude named Majit, from Iran. He's been in Germany for 11 years, and left Iran because his family was politically active, he said. And talked about how it was too dangerous for him to stay there. He has converted to Christianity, though, and is super cool. He's, like, 26. He's pretty open about everything, though, which makes it easy to teach him. He lives in Berlin and is only in Offenburg until sometime in August. We have met with him twice.
But that’s all for now, Mother. Tell da Fam to do the metal! (lol) Love ya. Peace.

[ Elder Caraway ]

___


A beast omelet I made!

Rathaus von Gengenbach (Hall (Courthouse) of Gengenbach)












Elder Sills, Natalie (Schwester Schulzes Tochter), Ich, und Schwester Schulze
(Elder Sills, Natalie (Sister Schulze’s Daughter), me, and Sister Schulze)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway