Guten Morgen auch von Elder Kümmel zu Ihnen (Good morning to you, too, from Elder Caraway).
Well, here is a surprise that I didn't tell you last week because it wasn't for sure - but last Saturday, Offenburg had it’s first convert baptism in 20 years! Our investigator, Maria Schulze, got baptized on Samstag (Saturday) in Freiburg (I'm actually in Freiburg right now for P-Day). But ya, she was baptized in Freiburg because she wanted to be baptized there. If we would have baptized her in Offenburg, it would have been in the river or a swimming pool near Präsident (President) Ehret's house. Elder Szvoboda baptized her and then she asked me to confirm her yesterday in church. I would send pictures, but I'll have to wait until next week. I am not able to send photos this week. It was really awesome. It looks like sometime next year we will be going to the Temple with her to do the Temple work for her Sohn (son).
But yes, I went to Switzerland again on Wednesday to meet the new Mission President - and yes, it was in Zürich (Zurich). That place is awesome and I got to hear the best language in the world - Swiss German. It's pretty much the most metal language in the world, so that makes it the best. It sounds so metal. I only know, like, 4 words in Swiss German. And it's, "Can I give you a card?" (lol). It's for when I pass out pass-along cards (lol). But, President Miles is the new Mission President. He is really cool. He is from Utah, but he doesn't sound like he's from Utah. When he speaks German, it sounds like he's from the South, which is interesting. I think I already told you, but his wife is the daughter of Elder Nelson. He (President Miles) is really cool. He actually called us two days later on Freitag (Friday) for transfer calls, and Elder Szvoboda is leaving Offenburg and going to Stuttgart and becoming a District Leader there. I'm staying in Offenburg and getting a new companion named Elder Sills. I've met Elder Sills one time in the Stuttgart Bahnhof ((train) station). He's a really cool dude, but I met him only for, like, 5 minutes. So I only had my trainer for one transfer which is unusual, other missionaries have told me. And then, I'm taking over an area! Which is crazy, too, just after one transfer! I'm still trying to learn how to do everything (lol) but it will be all good.
Zürich was awesome, of course, because it's Switzerland and they have a metal language. The High German is coming along well. I still have one more transfer, at least, to pick up some Badisch. I met a lady on the train the other day, and I could understand every word she would say and we had a nice conversation. Later I found out why I could understand her so well. It was because she was from Hamburg and was speaking pure High German! She was telling me she couldn't really understand what the people were really saying here in Baden. So I guess that shows ya the difference between Badisch and High German. The language is coming great, though. Elder Szvoboda has said I have been sleep-talking in German (lol). So thats cool.
Tell Grandma Viel Glück zum Geburtstag (Happy Birthday). And say that to Jared, too, because his birthday is tomorrow, actually. Tell him, also, that I said to put in his (mission) papers so we can be companions. I've actually been having dreams that Jared and I became comps (lol). That would be awesome.
Thanks for the email and love to everyone.
Peace,
[ Elder Kümmel | Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway