Hey!
I'm glad you wrote me early this time. Every P-Day I print my emails off, and then read them so I know what to say back. It takes me, like, 30 minutes to read your emails. Today when I hopped on to print off emails, I hadn't gotten an email from you yet - but the printer was out of paper so I had to get off and go get more paper. When I got back, I had an email (emails) from you, which was cool.
I actually heard at breakfast about Osama Bin Laden. It’s kinda crazy. It’s hard to believe it finally happened. Christopher said that people gathered around Ground Zero and the White House and started chanting “USA!” That's cool. It's quite amazing what the people in the C.I.A or any kind of intelligence program do for us! Just to notice a slight difference in this random neighborhood in Pakistan is crazy!
Sadly, I won't be able to call you (Mom) on Mother’s Day. Missionaries in the MTC don't call on Mother’s Day. They call on the day they're leaving (for their area). So I'll get to call you in 3 weeks at the airport which will be awesome!!! I hope we get to go through New York. All the Deutschers that have left have either gone through Dallas then Germany, Atlanta then Germany or New York then Germany. I think it would be cool to go to JFK. 20 Deutschers left today and will arrive tomorrow in Frankfurt or Berlin. We only have 6 Alpiners (i.e.: Alpine Germany Mission) coming in on Wednesday, so there will be only, like, a few Deutschers here in the MTC. There's not a lot of us.
Now a little about me. First - guess who came and spoke to us at Tuesday's devotional? Elder Dallin H. Oaks! Crazy huh? It was awesome to hear from him again! Second - we got to hear from Apostles 2 weeks in a row! It's awesome. His talk was super awesome and he still has one of the sweetest voices. We're pretty lucky to get an Apostle 2 weeks in a row. A teacher told me there's been an Apostle 4 weeks in a row at the MTC before! No one from the First Presidency has ever come though. All the Deutschers always pray that President Uchtdorf will come. haha
German is awesome though! It's quite funny sometimes. In a German sentence the verb always comes second, but there are times when a verb in the sentence will kick another verb all the way to the end of the sentence. Example: Ich will Basketball spielen. Which translates to, “I want to Basketball play.” That's a really easy and simple sentence but that's how it works . It's funny, though, because sometimes when you say a long sentence, you'll forget the verb you kicked all the way to the end. (lol) It's funny. Last week, I really saw the Gift of Tongues working in my life. I felt the Lord had enlightened my mind to understand the language - giving me the confidence to say what I wanted to say! It was really awesome.
Well, thats all for now.
Love everyone, peace -
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway