April 25, 2011

Montag, April 25, 2011

Dear Family,
Ok, so I have a new schedule now. My new P-Day is on Mondays. The new schedule kind of stinks. On some days we have gym at 6:35 and 7:00 in the morning! I may just lay on the gym floor and go back to sleep when I have gym on those mornings or do something else. I'm afraid I'm not going to be up to playing basketball or anything else that early.
Easter was pretty good. It didn't really feel like Easter though, because no one talked about Easter all day! The day before felt more like Easter, because we taught one of our investigator's about Easter. We showed him that Mormon Messages video about Easter. It's pretty awesome. It gives me the chills every time I watch it. I get chills every time I read Matthew 28:6, as well. I think it's an awesome verse:
“He is not here:
for he is risen, as he said.
Come, see the place
where the Lord lay.”
German is still going good, though. I'm improving in everything. I'm starting to get the grammar down and understanding it. I just need to expand my vocab. 
I finally hit my half-way point here in the MTC, which is awesome. I met a dude today from Frankfurt and we talked German. There's some other people from Frankfurt, too, and its pretty awesome. I like hearing them speak German. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending most of my mission in Austria, though.
Last night, Elder Stephen B. Allen (Managing Director of the Missionary Department) spoke to us again. He was, like, the first person that spoke to us when I got in the MTC. He talked about some cool things. One of the things that he said that I liked is, "It's not who you aren't. Its who you are! Being you is being great." I liked that because he talked about how we got called to our mission for a reason. He said that we have special skills and talents just for the people in our mission! I liked it also, because I've always considered myself a little different from everybody else. I mean, who else do you know who goes around saying "metal" in every sentence? (lol) Anyway, I thought that was cool. 
That's kind of been all for this week. I wish I would of found out earlier when my new P-Day was. Oh well ...
Love everyone, Peace -
[ Elder Caraway ]
P.S.  Oh yeah, you can send pictures to me! Everyone gets pictures but me (lol), and I need for you guys to send me my Line of Authority. Anyway, my comp (i.e.: companion) (the one from England, Elder Buntain) and I are getting along awesome! He's super chill and awesome. I am grateful that he is my companion becasue our other companion, Elder Williams, is having some motivational problems, which stinks.  He's kinda putting up walls around himself from me and Elder Buntain. We'll try to get him to do something and motivate him and of course, he doesn't like that. Oh well. He needs to find his own motivation, because obviously serving the Lord isn't enough.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway