Hey,
Things are going good. It’s the beginning of my final week in the MTC! YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited to leave? I got my flight plans last Mittwoch (Wednesday), and I am flying out of SLC (of course) and going straight to Paris (Charles De Gaulle Airport)! How crazy is that, eh? My flight leaves at 4:45pm on May 23rd. I will get to the SLC Airport probably around 2:30ish. Sometime between then and my flight departure, I will be calling you (at-home family), I believe. The flight is about a 14 hour flight, I think. We will land in Paris at 11:10am the next day, on the 24th of May (France is 7 or 8 hours ahead). I have a one hour layover in Charles de Gaulle Airport and then it's off to Munich!!! We have been told to sprint to our next flight in the Charles de Gaulle Airport because that airport is really big and confusing. We were told this by a Swedish/Swiss lady.
(In response to a comment about many in European countries being atheists, and how it will/may affect his mission:) I have been told about the whole atheist thing across Europe, as well, and all my teachers seem to get pretty mad when they hear stuff about that. They say, yes, there's atheists - but that it is kind of far from the truth (in Germany, at least). Most of them know of Christ and believe in Him. I haven't been there yet, so I can't really give that much of an opinion on it.
The MTC is still the MTC. Elder Neil L. Anderson came and spoke to us at Tuesday's devotional! It was awesome! I have seen 3 Apostles now since I have been here. He has a really soft, friendly voice. I got to shake his hand, too! We have devotionals every Sunday and Tuesday nights. Elder Cecil O. Samuelson of the Quorum of the Seventy spoke to us Sunday night (last night).
We have been playing soccer a lot lately since the field is open, and I have been wanting to prepare a little bit for Germany. I was told by my British companion that I wasn't too bad for never having played soccer. I haven't kicked a soccer ball since I was around 12 years old, until about 3 weeks ago. I have enjoyed myself playing it, though.
Sorry if my spelling is horrible, if you haven't noticed. I'm having a hard time remembering how to spell English words (lol) because I do just about everything in German now. That is one of the reasons why my spelling is so awful.
But yes, I am ready to get out in the field! Well, I don't know about ‘ready’, but I am wanting to be in Germany / Austria / Switzerland! I have only 7 more days until I leave. I can't wait! My MTC experience has been great and everything, but I would rather be in Germany / Austria / Switzerland, you know?
Oh yeah, this upcoming week, I will be going to get $100 in Euros (€). Then, of course, I will probably have to pay for my luggage on Monday. Depending on where my first area is, I may need to buy a bike when I first get there. But it depends if I need a bike in my first area, or not. So if you see a lot of money coming out of my account, that's why (lol).
Can you send me my Line of Authority please? Thanks!
Love ya, Mom. Peace.
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway