April 7, 2011

Donnerstag, April 7, 2011

Everything is going good here at the MTC. Like many of you know, missionaries here have to get up at 6:30am and then you have to be in the classroom by 7:00am and you have personal study from 7:00-8:15am. Then it’s breakfast, and back to the classroom from 9:00am-1:00pm. After that you have what’s called MDT. I can't remember what it’s really called, but I call it ‘Missionary Down Time’ (lol) - but all we pretty much do during MDT is plan lessons for our investigators and study the language. To tell you the truth, we're teaching ourselves Deutsch basically. We have a teacher, at the most, 3 hrs a day and they really only teach us Deutsch for about 45 minutes. So we're teaching ourselves this language pretty much.
General Conference was awesome! Saturday was sunny and stuff and then we woke up the next day with, like, a foot of snow or more on the ground. I thought it was sweet. I was hoping it would snow while I was here. But for the weekend, we had nothing scheduled. All we did was get up, did service Saturday morning, then we ate breakfast, went to Conference, lunch, Conference again, dinner, and Conference again. Then Sunday, we woke up, ate breakfast, Conference, slept, Conference again and then did whatever for the rest of the day. I studied most of the time. What was everyone's favorite talk?  I really liked Elder Holland's talk and how he talked about the people in Conference were like mortal angels! I thought that was cool. (Read Elder Holland's talk here)
German is going good though. We teach just about every day! It's pretty awesome. I'm learning more every day in German! We teach at TRC (Teaching Research Center) every Tuesday! Christopher will know what that is. It's where we teach volunteer members as if they were investigators. I really like German though. It's pretty much the most metal language. It sounds awesome when people speak it. I thought I would share our purpose as missionaries real fast in Deutsch!
Unser ziel aus Missionare ist, Andere einladen, zu Christus, zu kommen, indem Sie ihn Helfen, das wiederhergestellte Evangeglium Jesu Christi anzunehmman. Dies geischiet, wenn die Betreffenden Glauben an Jesus Christus and sein Sühnopfer, umkehren, sigt Taufen Lassen, die Gabe des Heiligen Giestes empfangen, und bis an Ende ausharren.
I'm known in my district as "the scriptorian" pretty much. People are always asking me for scripture references and when they have a question about doctrine, they always ask me for some reason. I can definitely say I was prepared! I give thanks to knowing the scriptures to Dad, since he's the scriptorian of our family! So yeah, everything is going great. The first half-week I was here I felt like I had been here forever! Seriously, the first half-week I was here felt like a month! But now the 2 weeks that I have been here, the time has flown by since that first half-week. I'm in the best district though! We're all working really hard! I seriously think some of our Deutsch may be better than some of the dudes that have been here like 4 or 5 weeks, because I don't think they really use their time wisely. We are just always trying to improve our German and stuff.
Until next week!  Peace!
[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway