April 22, 2011

Donnerstag, April 21, 2011

Hi Family,
Everything is going good. We finally got the ok Sunday that we don't have to wear our suits every day anymore. We just wear them now to devotionals. Needless to say, my suit looks horrible because I was wearing it everyday! (lol)
The MTC is pretty chill. I have finally gotten comfortable speaking Deutsch. It's all good! Ich verstehe. We really started into the grammar this week and it is not fun! I'll get it down eventually though. It will just take time. I study every day all day long! (lol) I was made District Leader, too!
Elder Richard G. Scott came and spoke to us this past Tuesday at the devotional. It was awesome! I could feel his presence before he entered into the gym and when he did, it was like a punch in the face! The Spirit was so strong! He had everyone who was learning a new language raise their hands and gave us an Apostolic blessing!  He said, "By the authority of being a member of the Holy Apostleship, I give you the gift of tongues." It was so sweeeeeet! That was the highlight of the week.
Tuesday at TRC we taught some RM's who served in the Alpine Mission. One has been home for 6 weeks and the other only 5 days! Their German was awesome, of course, but they both served in Switzerland their whole time and so they spoke Swiss-Deutsch. It is much different from High-Deutsch, which is what we are being taught. I couldn't hardly understand what they were saying and the German that we're being taught, we won't even speak in our mission really because High-German is mostly spoken in Berlin and Northern Germany. In Southern German, it's different. We've been told that people will be able to understand us but we won't be able to understand them because it is so different. Anyway, it was funny when we were teaching because we gave them our challenge (our commitment) and the missionary that had just been home for 5 days took his planner out and started writing it down. It was awesome! Both of these RM's were pretty chill dudes!
Well, my time is about up!  
Peace,
[ Elder Caraway ]
Oh ya, I have convinced all the new missionaries that I am Russian. (lol) It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway