January 7, 2013

Montag, Januar 7, 2013

Well, I left Stuttgart on Wednesday to go to Munich. I rode in the train with 6 other Elders, 4 of which were going to be training a new missionary, like me. We all went to the mission home for dinner and to meet the new missionaries that came in. The new missionary that I am training, and my new companion, of course, is Elder Mochon. He is from Fresno, California! He grew up in Sacramento, California, though, where dad served his mission. He is about 6'2". He's pretty big. He played football and had a scholarship to Oregon! He just decided to give up football, though. He is also a big Oregon fan and I don't think he likes Alabama too much because we're good (lol). He's a big fan of the South as well, which is cool. He's a chill dude, though.

The first Sunday in Salzburg was good. The members are really nice and excited to have two new missionaries here. The German here sounds cool. I need to get used to this new dialect. I can understand about 80% of it but not all of it. It sounds a lot like Bavarian. Salzburg is such a pretty city, though. Sadly it’s been overcast the whole time since I've gotten here, but that’s the way it is here in the winter. It's always foggy and overcast. But you can still see the base of the mountains here and just know that they are huge. We are actually going to climb a mountain today so you should get some sweet photos next week.

I'm also living in an apartment with 4 missionaries, too. It's already pretty fun. All of the Elders are cool. One of them is actually the brother of my trainer, Elder Szvoboda. None of the Elders are from Utah, either, here. That doesn't happen too often. We are starting from scratch, as well, here in Salzburg - so we don't have any investigators or anything yet. We found some cool people, though, who will become investigators hopefully. It’s kinda fun starting from scratch, I think. You can only go up. It’s hard to go downhill because you're already at the bottom of the hill :D . It's been a lot of fun already, though, here in Salzburg. I love it.

There is a Sound of Music tour you can do here Salzburg where you go to all of the places where they filmed the movie. It's cool. I want to see the movie when I get back now, just because I'm in Salzburg (lol). And then I can be, like, “I've been there!” Its really a blessing to be in this mission. It really is one of the prettiest missions in the world, probably. It's my favorite mission at least.

Wiederhören (Goodbye) -

[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway