January 14, 2013

Montag, Januar 14, 2013

ROLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDE ROOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Oh Man, I'm stoked that Alabama won their 15th National Championship against the Irish. :)

This last week was a very interesting week. We got two referrals from Salt Lake for people who visited mormon.org and expressed interest, and wanted to be visited from missionaries. These two referrals were kinda far out from Salzburg. About 35 minutes away with the train. There was no bus that went to the little villages that these people lived in, so we had to walk there from the nearest train station. That wasn't too bad. It just took us a total of 3 days worth of searching to try and find these houses (lol)! These small villages here don't have street names. They just have numbers on the houses. There are not that many streets but they are all spread out from each other, and the houses as well. Then the house numbers are given by when they were build. So the numbers were very unpredictable. One of the referrals Elder Mochon and I found on our first try!

Salzburg has dumped out a lot of snow in the last couple of days and it’s kind of a cool story. Elder Mochon and I walked 2 miles in the snow to this house. Then we just walked two miles back in the snow. It was a very pretty walk. We were in the middle of the mountains. Sadly, this referral said she had never gone onto mormon.org or had any interest at all in learning more about God. That's the only sad part about the story (lol). Then the other referral we still haven't found yet. We're not sure if the house exists or not. Both villages that we went to were right in the middle of the Alps, though, and it was very pretty. I'd rather teach somebody, though, than look at mountains.

We got a lot of walking in this last week. I gave a talk in church. It went pretty good. I cracked some really funny jokes so the people like me, I think. The people are a little more laid back in Austria than in Germany. We still haven't found any investigators here to teach.

Tschüß (Bye) -

[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway