July 23, 2012

Montag, Juli 23, 2012

Well transfers were on Thursday. I left Munich around 4 pm on Thursday, and got into Stuttgart around 6:30ish.

Elder Kuhlo is my new companion. He's from Damstadt, Germany. It’s pretty close to Frankfurt. He's way cool, though, and so far we work really good together. He has an American sense of humor, so thats nice. It's been awesome, too, because we only speak German and it’s sweet! Just in, like, the 4 days that I've been here, everything has come back to me. I have to get used to having church in German again.

Man, is the ward here in Stuttgart awesome! First, the church here in Stuttgart is the biggest church building I've seen over here. It’s, serious, like, an American church building. Then, the ward here in Stuttgart is the biggest I've seen so far, as well. There were around 120 people in church on Sunday. They are all way friendly, too. They all seemed to like me, as well, and I felt good because I introduced myself in church on Sunday and afterwards everyone told me I had very good German. And that they couldn't really tell that I was American when I spoke. So, that was pretty cool. The members here all love the missionaries, and for the little time I've been here, they do more for missionary work and help out as well. The ward here seems to be a pretty strong ward.

Then, on Sunday, as well, I saw a lady that looked American so I asked her if she was in the International ward and she said yes. Her name was Sister Jones. Her husband is the bishop in the International ward and they both know Harley and Jenny. She said I looked a lot like Harley and that she can tell that were brothers. It was pretty cool.

The international ward here is huge, as well! Stuttgart has been pretty awesome so far since I've been here. I should be here a while because I have a leadership position here in Stuttgart. Sadly, this is Elder Kuhlo's last transfer. That means he will be going home in 6 weeks. He will be the first Elder I send home. He's not trunky at all, though, which is awesome. He actually extended his mission. It’s really easy for Germans to extend their missions. I'm going to kill, though, and make him feel tired when he goes home because so far it’s just been go, go, go. Sadly, the week before I came all of the investigators here either went on vacation for a couple of months or they just don't have any interest anymore. So we have to find some people to teach. There is a lot of potential here, though. There are a lot of part-member families that we want to work with.

Tschüß (Bye)!

[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway