October 31, 2011

Montag, Oktober 31, 2011

Zuerst (First), HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!!! I know it’s a few days late, but hey - there’s nothing I can do about that. You’re totally the best mom, and I love you.
This past week was way awesome, though. We found 5 new investigators this week! That’s right - 5! I know, talk about crazy-go-nuts! 4 of the 5 new investigators that we found were found when we started trying to hand out at least one Book of Mormon every day. I truly believe that was the reason why we were able to find that many people this week. We were able to teach a lot of lessons this week, too, which was awesome. This past week was probably my busiest (... is that how that word is spelled? I can't remember how to spell.) week on the mish (i.e.: mission) so far. All of the investigators we found, too, are Germans. Which is sweet, because our mission präsident (president) really wants us to try and find German investigators, because there’s a lot of foreigners here and stuff. They like talking with the missionaries because they think the Church can help them stay in the country - so sadly, a lot of them don't really have all that  much interest in the gospel, but of coarse there are some who do, too.
Like spelling: I couldn't remember how to do multiplication for a little while. I can't remember how me and my companion got on the subject, but at first I couldn't remember the formula of how to do it. Then I finally remembered, thank goodness. Not that that’s all important right now (lol).
Happy Halloween! I dressed up as a missionary this year. I think I might do the same next year, too. But Halloween isn't big at all here. They’re already advertising for Christmas here (or Weihnachten) in German. I've been told you may see a couple of kids going trick-or-treating, but not many at all. Halloween is a Scottish tradition, I found and out - and we Americans did what we do with everything, and made it big and awesome.
(In response to a comment from home:) You (Mom) and Dad having that chili reminded of a place in Freiburg that is known for having really hot Curry Wurst (curry sausage). They have a scale of 1-9 you can get. I've only gotten to a number 4 so far, because it’s hot but still has flavor, I think. I've been told by the people who work there, that anything from a 5 and up you don't taste anything, it just hurts more the higher you go (lol).
Happy Birthday Mama. I love ya and thanks for everything you have done for me. 
Peace,

[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway