October 17, 2011

Montag, Oktober 17, 2011

Well, this past week was a huge turn around. I don't know exactly what happened. We got to meet with a lot of people. Double what we normally do, so that was sweet! We have a new goal in the mission to pass out at least one Book of Mormon every day, because some other mission did that and their numbers doubled. So we started doing that and I've already seen more success finding people that way. I just started walking around with a Book of Mormon in my hand and I have noticed that people accept me more easily. I was talking to this one guy, and he didn't seem all that interested, but then I showed him the Book of Mormon and you could just see his face light up. Something inside him just, like, clicked - and he got way interested.
We had one investigator come to church and then a potential investigator come to church. We watched the last session of General Conference in church today. The potential that came was named Lilli. And I was just, like, ‘oh man she is just, like, totally confused right now, she has probably no idea what these guys are talking about, because a lot of stuff was coming out of the Book of Mormon’. But afterwards, she couldn't stop talking about how much she loved it! She totally felt the Spirit and just kept talking about how much she loved the truth that she felt and heard! It was way sick. Speaking of General Conference, it was good to see that session of General Conference - because we found out it could be like 5-7 months until we get the Liahona issue with the General Conference talks (lol). But our mission president promised to have it to us before the next General Conference, so that’s good. I can't wait to get that Liahona, though, since I only got to see two sessions.
But I'm in Freiburg today. This past week was really good. The Lord really answered some prayers this week. For example, we had a exchange this past week. A missionary younger than me came to Offenburg for Thursday and a little of Friday. And we have met with a father and son named the Borho's, every Thursday night since I've been here. The dad is about 80 and the son, 50-something. But they both have way bad Badisch accents. And I have never really been able to understand anything they ever say. But I remember just praying and just being, like, ‘Lord I really need the gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues for this appointment’ - and the Lord answered my prayer. I could understand every single word they said. It gave a stronger testimony to me, that the Lord is really there when you need Him.
We're going to a Münster (a gigantor church) today. I've been inside it once, but today we climbing the gigantor tower! That should be sweet. All the churches are so old here. It’s sweet.
We had interviews this past week, as well. It was the first time I was able to have an interview with my mission president since my first day in the mission field. It was way sweet. I enjoyed my interview with Präsident (President) Miles a lot. He is a really cool dude. That’s all for this week. Tschüß (Bye)!
Love ya and DO THE METAL!!!

[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway