Ja, Hallo (Yes, Hello) -
So ya, I went to Zürich (Zurich) last week for a leadership training meeting. The Church is starting a new program on how they train missionaries in the field. It’s kinda crazy. Every missionary will have a DVD player now - a little portable one. So we have a DVD player now. I wonder how that went down when the Prophet and the Apostles were talking about giving a DVD player to every set of missionaries! But still, sadly, a lot of missionaries will misuse the DVD player, probably. It's mainly for training us but we, missionaries, who aren't being trained can watch it too, and use the Preach My Gospel videos. That's why I went to Zürich. We then had an exchange with the Zone Leaders. I was with Elder Layton who is from Huntsville, Alabama - and yes, he's a Bama fan. So that was sweet. But today is the start of a new transfer, and I'll be staying in Offenburg again for this transfer, and so will my companion. So nothing is changing here in Offenburg.
We only got to see one session of General Conference. It was the Saturday afternoon session, I think. It was the session that the Primary kids sang in. But Reimund came with us to the branch president's house to watch it, and he really liked it! That was way sweet. I liked it a lot, too. We should get the General Conference issue of the Liahona sometime and I'll get to read all the sweet talks then.
But this upcoming week will just be a huge ‘finding’ week because we need to find someone to teach. And hopefully that will go well. Monday was a big holiday here, because that was when East and West Germany came together and that's why I didn't get to email yesterday (Montag (Monday)). There was a branch activity in Kehl yesterday, though. That was cool. But ya, we weren't really able to meet with a lot of people last week sadly. Hopefully this week will be better than last week. Hopefully this transfer will be better than last.
The weather is perfect here, though. Some days have gotten a little cool, but not really. Cool to people from Utah and Germany because it’s not all that humid here. It's been around the 70's though lately, mainly.
But that's all really for this week, love ya and peace -
[ Elder Caraway ]
______
Going to a castle in Hochburg
|
This sign says the ruins of this castle are dangerous
and to enter at your own risk. :D
|
This is the tower
|
Everything from the top of the tower
|
Elder Sills and I
|
At the top of a tower thingy.
That is France and the Rhein (Rhine) in the background.
|
Germany on the left, France on the right.
I’m glad I’m not allowed over there.
|
What a Beautiful place!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHeather Rogers