Well, this past week was a lot better than the past few. We got to meet with some less actives - and two less actives showed up to church yesterday, which was awesome! I spoke in church yesterday, and I have to say, I learned a lot preparing for this talk. Stuff in the Bible in German is so much better than English. Well, my Luther Bible, I mean. There’s two big translations of the Bible in German. The Martin Luther translation (which is beast), then the Einheitsübersetzung (that being translated, is like a 'united' translation). But the Einheit is crap, because a ton of stuff in the Luther Bible just rips the Catholic Churches doctrine to pieces, so they decided a little while ago to have a "united" translation of the Bible. So almost everyone uses the Einheit now (and we even have to use it as missionaries, too, because if we're teaching someone and we read something from the Bible, if it’s not out of the Einheitsübersetzung they won't believe you most of the time). So the only people who really use the Luther translation, are Lutherans and some members of the Church. I do all of my studies in the Luther Bible, and it’s legit. Anyways, ya, back on topic. I gave a talk on charity and love yesterday in church, and I tell you what - Paul really gives some good definitions of love and how important it is in 1 Corinthians Chapter 13. The whole chapter is awesome. So I pretty much based my whole talk out of that. I finished the Book of Mormon this past week, too, in German. It’s, like, 150 pages longer in German than in English, just to let you know. My goal is to read all the standard works in German on my mission. I think that is a way sweet goal - and then, I love reading the scriptures, so it’s something I will enjoy every time I do it, too.
We went biking with Reimund once this past week. It went way good. He loves the Book of Mormon. He is totally awesome. Then Natalie has just been telling us that she is busy. Like, it’s always something. She went to a Stake Relief Society activity yesterday, though, which is sweet. She is off and on, really. Sometimes she wants to hear about the Gospel and stuff - other times, she is just kinda weird.
The Pope came to Freiburg on Saturday and Sunday. We saw his plane when we were biking with Reimund. His plane landed in a city called Lahr which isn't to far from Offenburg. But, like, since he went to Freiburg - everything transportation-wise was shut down. There are around 200,000 inhabitants in Freiburg, and with the Pope coming, they were expecting, like, 1,500,000 people to be there! I don't know the exact numbers yet, of how many there actually were. But ya, I know the Elders in Freiburg got to go and see the Pope. A lot of people here really don't like the Pope. Thats all we've heard the past two weeks, when the Pope said he was coming. But ya, that’s that.
But yes, I'm going to Zürich (Zurich) this week. This Wednesday is a leadership training. Then, we're doing exchanges with the Zone Leaders on Wednesday, too. So we'll stay in Zürich after the training and come back on Thursday. This week is really packed which is good. Then General Conference is this weekend! Which is way sweet! I'm way excited for General Conference. I'm ready to hear the Prophet and Apostles.
That’s all for this week. Love ya, and peace.
[ Elder Caraway ]
______
Wicked old church I saw in Breisach, Germany,
on the border of Germany and France.
|
Ruins of a tower
|
The Rhein (Rhine) - on the other side is France.
|
Beginning of the French Alps
|
Overshot of Breisach
|
Sadly, you couldn’t take photos inside the church.
|
A park in Gengenbach
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway