February 4, 2013

Montag, Februar 4, 2013

The last week was okay. It wasn't too cold and it wasn't really warm, either. One day it will snow, one day it will rain. The weather is always on the border of freezing, so it’s in the 30°'s.

We haven't found any new people to teach in the last week. People have been in grumpy moods lately. I stay positive, though, when people are mean to us and like to think that their girlfriend just broke up with them or something funny like that (lol). Everyone has their days. We are still teaching Johannes Hufnagel. We got to teach him twice last week. He is a very strong smoker. He's trying to stop and is going to this class during the week, but he doesn't seem to be making much progress. Our last lesson with him we had a member present with us and it went very well! We watched The Restoration DVD with him and taught him more about the Restoration and we actually committed him to baptism. He won't be getting baptized until I'm already home. He needs the time, though, but he's getting baptized and thats sweet! He came to church on Sunday. There was a baptism here in Salzburg on Sunday, too. An investigator of the other Elders here in Salzburg got baptized. He was a young guy named Daniel. He's only 23.

The photos I sent you are from a small village called Adnet. It's about 30 minutes south of Salzburg. We got a media referral that lived out there that we contacted, so that’s why we were out there and it was soo pretty. Austria, well at least eastern Austria, is the prettiest place I've ever seen. The landscape here is crazy.

Transfer calls are this upcoming week, but I'm 99% sure I will stay here in Salzburg until  I go home since I only have one more transfer, and then back to the real world :/ . Oh well. It's all good.

Tschüß (Bye) -

[ Elder Caraway ]

______




No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway