Well, skyping with everyone was really awesome! I really enjoyed it. It's not too often when we all get to get together like that and talk. Then, it was the last time I will skype/call home until I am home. That's kinda crazy. It was good, though.
Christmas was really awesome. On Christmas Eve we were at a family's house called the Schaal's, from South America. In South America it is tradition to not get things started until pretty late. We didn't start eating dinner until around 10pm. Then in Germany, Santa comes on the 24th and gives the children gifts personally. So Santa came and the kids went crazy. Then, in order to get a gift from Santa you have to do something for him like sing a song, recite a poem, or something like that. I recited him a scripture about all the ends of the earth repenting :) . We received a thing of chocolate, though, that was a meter tall! Then, on Christmas Day we were at this other family's house, called the Campos'. We were allowed to do whatever the family did on this day, so we actually watched a movie! I know ... crazy. We watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2). Then we also played Wii with them. We played Just Dance the whole time, pretty much. Then the day after Christmas is also Christmas here. We watched a film called Silent Night with the missionaries in our district and the senior couple here. We had a dinner appointment, as well, with a member that night named Sister Happel. She invited both us and the the Benson's (the senior couple) over for dinner. That was pretty much Christmas for me. Today we will be celebrating New Year's with the Schaal family again.
We didn't get to teach anyone in the last week. I received a call from my mission president that I will be transferred from Stuttgart after six months. I am getting transferred to Salzburg, Austria. That's where The Sound of Music was filmed. I will also be training a new missionary there, as well. I am excited, though. Salzburg is one of the prettiest cities, if not the prettiest city in my mission. The Alps there are freakin’ crazy. I am glad that I'll get to serve in a city pretty covered with Alps. In Klagenfurt, the Alp's were there, too, but they were kinda far off. In Salzburg the Alp's are just there. I will be leaving on Wednesday for Munich, and then on Thursday I will go to Salzburg with my new companion. You will get to see some good pictures.
Today for P-Day, we to a castle about an hour south of Stuttgart. It was called Hohenzollern. Hohenzollern is the name of the royal family that owns the castle. It was a really awesome castle. You'll see the pictures.
Enjoy your last day of 2012! Happy New Years! Tschüß (Bye).
[ Elder Caraway ]
______
| Hohenzollern Castle |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway