November 26, 2012

Montag, November 26, 2012

This last week was cool. On Wednesday we taught 3 different religious classes in a school. We were invited by the students from this school to give a presentation about the church. It was grades 9-11. So 14-17 year old kids. We taught them the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what makes us different from other churches. We even watched the film The Restoration with them. Then we opened up for questions after we had taught about the Restoration. We were kinda prepared to be asked some secular questions, like, about polygamy or something like that. But we didn't get any questions like that, to our surprise. All the questions they had asked us were really sincere questions, you could tell. Questions like ‘why is important to be baptized?’, ‘why did Christ have to die for us?’, ‘why is the Priesthood important?’. It was really cool. We found out that these religious classes were different. All the kids in this class were not forced to be there. They were in this religious class because they wanted to be. In Germany you usually have just 2 religion classes. Catholic for Catholic students and Protestant for the Protestant students. And you have to be in one of the two. But this class was called a Free Religion class. These kids were really interested and asked better questions than people I have taught on my mission. I believe some of these kids will accept the restored gospel in their life, for sure, because the spirit was there - and when they see the missionaries again in the future they will remember when the two missionaries were in their classroom.

Then, this last week we also taught an evangelical father. That was cool. He was a very open man. We just taught him the Restoration of the Gospel and gave him a Book of Mormon. He said he would read it and ask God if it’s the word of God. We made a good impression on him, for sure.

Outside of these two instances, though, we didn't get to teach any other people. We are still trying to find some investigators. We will find some soon.

[In response to a comment from home:] Yes, I have received an email from Harley. I talked to my mission president and he said it would be okay if I saw Harley. But I would have to do some missionary work with him so he can see what I'm doing, and that it would be okay if we had dinner or lunch together. I'm way excited to see Harley!

Tschüß (Bye) -

[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway