Servus (Hello),
Well, it snowed this past weekend in Stuttgart. Snow isn't exactly the funnest as a missionary. The cold isn't bad, it’s just that nobody is outside or in the trains (lol). We weren't able to do much this weekend as far as missionary work. Stefan is doing awesome, though. He got the Priesthood on Sunday. Sadly, I wasn't able to participate because I had to do a baptismal interview. I actually did a baptismal interview with this girl from South Carolina! It was freakin’ crazy. She will be getting baptized in the International Ward here, but she is from the area of Spartanburg. I think it's a place called Chemsey. It was just cool to meet someone from my home state.
The two new investigators that we found last week, Gabrielle and Luis, are doing good. We were able to meet with them. I, personally, didn't get to meet with them because I was on an exchange with another missionary, but they are doing good. Gabrielle came to church but Luis wasn't able to, sadly. They are making good progress. We're hoping to set a baptismal date with them soon. Hopefully we'll get a baptismal date with them this week. That would be really good.
Not much really happened this week. We started teaching members like they are investigators of ours, and that has been cool. I think it's a cool experience for them. They get to kind of have a feeling of what it's like to be taught by the missionaries.
We will actually be having a Thanksgiving, as well, here. Thanksgiving is actually on Transfer day for us, so everyone in the zone is going to come here to Stuttgart on the 19th of November, and we'll have Thanksgiving. Everyone is pretty excited about that.
It's not too cold here yet, though. Its about 40°F on average. It's not bad if you just have a jacket on. It’s not like back home when it’s cold outside and it doesn't matter what you wear because the cold goes straight through to your bones.
(In response to a question from home:) Yes, we have an exchange with other missionaries every week. Sometimes more than one a week, so I guess you could say that we travel a lot. We'll be going to Munich again next week.
Tschüß (Bye).
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway