Having Elder Buntain here has been awesome! I thank the Lord that he is going to be my companion for the next 5 months, at least. He is way chill. Having him around, too, is cool. Even though I already know English, and I am serving in an English-speaking ward, I am learning a new English from him. He says "I seen that too" instead of "I saw that too", and also "I done that" instead of "I did that". It sounds a bit southern now that I think about it. I say ‘I've seen’ or ‘done that’ now instead of ‘saw’ and ‘did’, just because I'm around him. It is also "well good" instead of "way good". I said ‘rubbish’, too, one time (ha). He's the man though.
Last night was really good. We had one appointment with this less active family, but it didn't go through, sadly. So we went streeting and dooring (forms of proselyting) at this student housing place. We had a lot of success there. College kids are generally nice and open. We were able to give out 5 copies of the Book of Mormon and a lot of pamphlets there. We found 2 new potential investigators for the Elders in the German-speaking wards here in Munich. It’s also really cool over here in Europe that when you go outside to talk to people, you don't just have to be outside the whole time - we talked to a lot of people on the trains. We're really not suppose to, but I just start a conversation with somebody until they ask me about my name tag or what exactly I’m doing. It’s fun, too. It was cool to be able to do something like that again, because since we're always in the car when we are actually out doing missionary work you can't really talk to people. It's easier to talk to people in trains than on the street, anyways.
It snowed 3 days in a row last week and it had snowed a little bit before that, so we have a lot snow here. There was at least a foot of snow. Snow is a lot of fun. It’s starting to heat up, so it’s all melting now - so I'm sad about that because I like the snow a lot.
But ya, hopefully we will find somebody soon to teach. We met with one former investigator this past week who really just wanted to bash the whole time. That's the only person we really got to meet with, though, last week. The next week will be better. I have a feeling that it will be.
(In response to a comment from home:) I feel dead always on Sunday. Man, is it rough sometimes, because all I want to do to is sleep! But Preach My Gospel says that diligence is still working and doing what the Lord wants of you even when your tired. It’s definitely not easy sometimes.
That’s it for this week! Tschüß (Bye)!
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway