It was busy this last week, due to transfers. On Tuesday all the new missionaries came in, and then their trainers came to Munich as well to pick them up and meet them on Tuesday night. We had 18 missionaries sleep in our apartment on Tuesday night. Then the next day was transfers itself, with around 120 missionaries all traveling on that day. I had to go to the Swiss Embassy on Wednesday with a couple of missionaries, so we could get them Swiss visa's and pay for them. The last set of American missionaries went into Switzerland on Wednesday. It was cool - in the same building as the Swiss Embassy is the office of the Department of the State of South Carolina! I really wanted to go in there and see what they could do for me (lol). Then all of the departing missionaries stayed in our apartment on Wednesday night and left early Thursday morning.
I got sick Tuesday night and it was horrible. I had a headache the whole night, it felt like. It wasn't fun. I'm feeling well now, though.
I had to do a little bit with money, though, for transfers. The only thing, really, was give the missionaries that were going to a different country money so they could buy visa's.
(In response to a question from home:) It's been awesome having Elder Buntain here, though. He is the man. And yes, he is from England on the east coast - from Norwich. He will be the mission secretary. So he will do pretty much anything President Miles asks him to do, and then he is also in charge of getting missionaries train tickets and stuff.
Sadly, right now we have 0 investigators. It’s hard enough as it is to do missionary work in the office, but that doesn't help at all.
(In response to a question from home:) Oh ya, it has been cold here. It didn't really start getting cold, though, until about 2 weeks ago. It's about -15°C on average. So it’s definitely not warm, but it isn't unbearable, I think.
We are planning on going to Dachau later on today, hopefully. It's an old concentration camp just outside of Munich.
(In response to a comment from home:) I like the Bible better in German. Well, my Luther Bible at least, not my Einheitsübersetzung. It’s way cool. I was reading in my Bible this morning in Hebrews 11. That’s a way good chapter. I've read it a couple of times. I like it every time I read it. I have to say, though - I know things a lot better in my English Bible. But that’s because I read the Gospels with Jesus the Christ, though. I will do that as well with my German one. Actually, in the German translation of Jesus the Christ, they use the Luther translation in it. Which is sweet.
That's all for this week! Tschüß (Bye).
[ Elder Caraway ]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway