November 28, 2011

Montag, November 28, 2011

Servus (Hello),
Today I am doing really well. I can't get any happier because I found out how Alabama beat Auburn, so I am a happy little dude. ROLL TIDE!!!
This past week was just like the one before, pretty much. We only had 2 or 3 teaching appointments all week! So we were outside a lot just trying to find anybody. We were able to pass out 2 Book of Mormons, though - and the week before that, we didn't get any out :/ . But it’s pretty hard right now trying to find someone, because it’s kinda cold outside. It’s usually 25-27°F during the day, and so not that many people are outside. And then it’s getting dark around 4:00, and absolutely no one is outside after that. So that has forced us into going door to door. And ya, that’s better than doing nothing, but it’s not the most effective thing. But ya, we are seriously trying to hunt people out for investigators. And it really wouldn't have to be like this if every person in the ward picked one person to invite over while we're at they're house - and try and find people like that. That’s really the one way I think we can find some investigators during this time of the year: through the members.
So this past week was kinda long. But there is a senior couple here in the ward, who invited us over for Thanksgiving on Thursday - so Elder Smith and I got to celebrate Thanksgiving! And it was good. Then, Elder Smith and I are trying to find a member’s house we can go to for Christmas and Skype home! So be prepared for that if it works out.
(In response to a comment from home:) But thanks for getting me the birth certificate thing. The lady here for visas is really weird. I don't think she likes Americans, because its sounds like anyone who has tried to get a visa here in Klagenfurt has always had problems with this lady. For example, I went and applied for my visa and they need a passport photo for it. So I give her one and she said it was too big, and then I had another one and she said the second one was too small! I was, like, you have to be kidding me! Then the whole birth certificate thing is kinda pointless because you have to have a birth certificate to get a passport and she took my passport. She is just a pain. So I have to go and get some passport photos made again today! My third time.
You might as well tell people that they may not get a letter from me in a while, because it’s a lot more expensive to send a letter home from Austria than in Germany. Its 1.70 euros (€) to send a letter home! It’s pretty crazy.
But sadly this past week was just a little better than the week before. We weren't able to find any new investigators. And we need to get some to give us something to do!
[ Elder Caraway ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway