June 13, 2011

Montag, Juni 13, 2011

Hallo Mutti! (Hi Mom!)
Es geht gut hier! Elder Szvoboda und ich sind gut! Jede tag, arbeiten wir zu der Leute die Wahrheit belehren! (It's good here! Elder Szvoboda and I are good! Every day, we work to teach people the truth!)
Things are great, though. This past week Elder Szvoboda got sick and is still kinda sick, but on one day we just stayed in the apartment all day so he could get better (orders from Sister Condie).
I spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday at church, actually. It was just pretty much like an introduction, pretty much, but I also spoke about the Atonement and how we need it. I read Alma 34:8-10 (great verses):
And now, behold, I will testify unto you of myself
that these things are true.
Behold, I say unto you, that I do know that Christ shall come
among the children of men,
to take upon him the transgressions of his people,
and that he shall atone for the sins of the world;
for the Lord God hath spoken it.

For it is expedient that an atonement should be made;
for according to the great plan of the Eternal God
there must be an atonement made,
or else all mankind much unavoidably perish;
yea, all are hardened; yea, all are fallen and are lost,
and must perish except it be through the atonement
which it is expedient should be made.

For it is expedient that there should be
a great and last sacrifice;
yea, not a sacrifice of man,
neither of beast, neither of any manner of fowl;
for it shall not be a human sacrifice;
but is must be an infinite and eternal sacrifice.
It was good, though, because I wasn't all that excited, really, to speak in front of all these Germans (lol). But I prayed and the Lord answered the prayer and gave me the help I needed. And then yesterday, we all met together for the 2nd block and Elder Szvoboda and I taught the class. It was about missionary work. Frau Schulze war gestern den nur Untersucher zu Kirche gekommen ist. Frau Schulze was the only investigator who came to church yesterday. She really liked it. There was a man from the stake name Bruder Daum, who spoke yesterday and gave a sick talk and so that was awesome. Frau Schulze actually won't be baptized till the 2nd of July now. She wants a little more time.
We have about 6 progressing investigator's right now. Reimund is doing good, though. We went biking with him, and we biked to the castle in Ortenberg, which is a village right under Offenburg,and it was sweet. I wanted to take a photo, but we didn't bike there to take a photo - we biked there to teach Reimund and because that’s where he wanted to go. I haven't gotten to go to any of the castles yet because it has rained the last couple of P-Days. Including today. But thats okay.

Elder Szvoboda and I only speak German outside of the apartment (and yes, we live in an apartment instead of a house). But we speak English inside the apartment. We actually go to ALDI's to get groceries. But yes, I have only had like 3 eating appointments because, yes, there’s not that many members and all the members here, except 2, are single ladies, so we can't meet with them. But people feed us all the time, really. Even people that we don't really know - they will just bring you food. So thats nice.

(In response to comments from home:) Who are the missionaries in RH? I can't really remember. When you become a missionary, you forget almost everything. Like in the MTC we used to think about what we we're doing before we left for the mission, and all I can remember is that I worked (lol). Anyways, ya ... that sounds like a brutal high adventure trip! Alabama is a hot place. People talk about the humidity here sometimes, but I’m like ‘what?’ You think this is humid? Good thing Elder Szvoboda lived in Vietnam because, he's like me and is, like, ‘ya it’s not all that humid here’. And if it is, I can't really tell. I guess since I’m used to the humidity.

Oh yes, we are always busy teaching people. We usually have 2 or 3 teaching appointments a day. And actually, for service this past week (on Friday), we went and played chess with some senior people. I got my butt kicked, like, every time! It wasn't fun (lol). But we helped someone move last week and I don't know if I told you that or not. But the work is going good here in Offenburg! We met with these two ladies who lived near Frau Schulze and taught them with a member, and they are searching for the true religion. The meeting with them went really awesome! Elder Szvoboda and I think they are some of those people who the Lord has prepared. They are so nice and really awesome. One time after we got done teaching Frau Schulze, we were walking back to the bus stop and they pulled up and started talking to us and were just, like, super happy. The two ladies are a mom and her daughter. Like, the daughter got out and started introducing her 11 year-old son to us and he was, like, super stoked to see us and stuff. People definitely treat you differently as a missionary. They're either super nice or just, like, ‘leave me alone’ (lol). It was cool though. They are called the Ellingers, and we are suppose to meet with them tomorrow, but we are actually going to Stuttgart tomorrow to say goodbye to President Condie. So we won't be able to. But, ya, this past week was still pretty good even though Elder Szvoboda got sick and stuff. Thanks for giving me all the news and stuff. It's always awesome to here about all the stuff going on back home. Well, I will talk to you next week. Love ya. Peace.
[ Elder Caraway ]
______

Elder Szvoboda and Reimund












No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for Elder Caraway