Man, this last week was pretty metal. It was like 50-60° degrees outside. We went outside without jackets or anything, and that was very nice. People are a lot nicer when it's nice outside. Even though it was nicer outside, we were still unable to find anybody. People were nicer, though, when they said ‘no’ (ha). You have to look at the bright side of things.
We also got to meet with Johannes 3 times, and that is the most we have gotten to meet with him in one week so far. Missionaries are supposed to have daily contact with their investigators. Sometimes I think that is a little too much. I think meeting with him 3 times was perfect. He is making progress like crazy, which is good. He still hasn't received an answer about Joseph Smith, he said, but we think he has and just hasn't recognized it yet. He feels the Spirit every time we meet with him, but I believe he is wanting a huge vision type of thing, and a very spiritual experience where he can say that he knows for sure. He's doing good, though.
Last week for P-Day, we went to Werfen, Austria. We went to a cool castle in this really metal valley with these Alps surrounding it. Sadly, the castle was closed - but it was still worth it. I sent some pictures home. I can't wait to show you guys all of the photos I've been taking. They're pretty metal.
I translated on Sunday in church. There were, like, 6 Americans in church that needed translation, so I translated. Man, that was hard and not that fun. I can translate English into German much easier than German to English. Sorry if my spelling or English grammar is not the best. Sometimes I find it difficult to express myself in English. I feel a little at a loss - or a man without a language - because I can't express myself perfectly in German, and then I know I can't express myself in English like I cold have. I have forgotten a lot of words that mean specific things in English. Sometimes I'm a little worried because I can't write good English anymore. Oh well, it's all good.
A new rule has come out for missionaries. Missionaries are now allowed to email anyone they would like and not just their family. I was informed from my mission president today about that. I thought that was kinda crazy. Doesn't really apply to me anymore since I've only got one more P-Day after this. That would of been nice, though, to be able to email people that I taught. It would have made contact with them much easier.
[In response to a comment from home:] Yes, there will be 230 missionaries in my mission instead of 140 now. They all start coming in the day before I leave. 30 new missionaries come in the day before I leave, and then another 30 come in the next transfer or next cycle of new missionaries.
Wiederhören (Goodbye) -
[ Elder Caraway ]
______
Werfen Österreich :D
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages for Elder Caraway